Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Paisley Necklace

If you didn't already know this, I'm a jewelry design major in school. In one of my classes one of our projects is to make a design, get it casted multiple times and turn the multiples into a piece. I decided to make a little paisley, or "half a ying yang sign" as I explained the idea to my dad.




Bottom photo credit: My very talented class mate, Nguyen Hall.

Originally I wanted the necklace to be all silver, but while making it I loved the rainbow iridescence effect that came from my shaky hand with the torch. Thats why the whole thing looks dirty in the photo (aka, it looks better in person). In actuality the chain looks like a snake, and the pieces change color with different light.

What do you think about my necklace? Give me your honest feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment